Monday, March 30, 2009

Speedin'


By most accounts I'm your average young male west side raised Chicagoan. I love all things Chicago, I dress kinda fly (cept for at work, randomly), and I love mild sauce lol! But one thing that absolutely drives me mad about Chicago is the driving!

Let me preface this rant by stating that I didn't get my drivers license until about my sophomore year in college (Rutgers). Let me tell you something. Driving in the NY/NJ area is NOTHING compared to driving in the Midwest. Don't get me wrong now, I love the laid back and mellow way of life here, but learning to drive on the East Coast turned me into a monster!

These are the things that irk me the most:

  • People in fast, expensive cars that drive slow
  • People that drive SUVs and slow down to a complete stop before driving over 2" speed bumps.
  • People that don't pull out into the intersection while waiting to make the left turn.
  • Post-winter pot holes
  • People that go 60mph in the far lane on the E-way
  • People eating/drinking/talking/applying make-up while driving.

I love you Chicago, but please learn how to drive!



Do you.

No comments: