Thursday, January 29, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire


I recently saw Slumdog Millionare, and the hype was justified. The story was good, it was told well, and executed well. Here are some thoughts:

I've been to Africa a few times and thought I saw poverty, but some of the parts of India are on a whole different level. The amount of heart, determination, and desperation needed for him to get where got by the end of the movie.

I can understand why some Indians felt the movie was exploitative and/or disrespectful to their country, but you can't deny the facts. Millions in India are living in horrible conditions while they (the offended) are comfortable and well-fed. Don't be mad. If you want India to be portrayed better, then make it better. That goes for any and every country in the world!

M.I.A.'s "Paper Planes" is a dope song, and I hope she wins an award at the Grammys'.

In fact it's so dope that one of the hottest rap collabos of the year samples her song. You know your joint is hot if it's being sampled WHILE STILL IN ROTATION! If "Swagger Like Us" wins any Grammy's, M.I.A. should get one too.

Slumdog Milli follows the classic rags to riches plot but the way it's presented makes it fresh and exciting rather that boring and predictable.

GO see it.


Do you.


No comments: