Thursday, January 29, 2009

Keepin up

Man, it is tough to constantly post good new material for a blog! Well, at least for me it is. It's probably becuase I don't have a theme or particular focus - I basically put up whatever I feel like. A lot of times I'll have an idea, thought, or observation during the day, but if I can't jot it down, I'll either forget, become disinterested, or something else will come up and distract me from it. For the moment, I have these quick hits:

  • Blago became the second straight bogus Gov. we've had in IL.
I think it had more to do with his horrid hairstyle, than his corruption. If he had been a Chicago politicain, he'd still be in office. SMH.
  • Alicia Keys' new album is surprisingly not nominated for Album of the Year.
I thought all she had to do was open her mouth to get nominated. The album was good - surprising omission by the Grammy folks.
  • Not a single Republican Senator voted for Obama's stimulus plan.
They just keep looking worse and worse. I understand they're all well-heeled, but the rest of us need a lil help from our Government.
  • Obama is shaking things up a the White House with his later start to the day and relaxed dress code. White House staffers are shocked.
Apparently "Dubya" was too caught up on appearances to govern our country.

  • I am addicted to Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock.
I'm a young Jimi Hendrix, Jr. in training.
  • After many, many listens, 808s and Heartbreaks has grown on me.
I was critical of it early on, but it's full of honesty and emotion, and is well produced. Definitely not his best album, but one that was O.K. and probably very therapeutic for him.
  • Blogging takes work man!
Yeah, it does.


Do you.

No comments: